CastelliCastelli Body Paint 4.X Speed Suit
- SAFE & SECURE PAYMENTS
- PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED & TESTED
- NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE
The Castelli Body Paint 4.X Speed Suit is the fastest suit Castelli has ever tested. The suit was developed for WorldTour riding and is worn by Team Ineos riders and the Italian national team, and its aerodynamics are optimised for speeds of 45km/h and above.
UCI rules state that any equipment available to riders must be commercially available. Originally, the Body Paint suit was available as a custom order with a three-month waiting time. However, Castelli have now released the suit in their usual sizing, eliminating the need to wait for the ultimate aero advantage for TT riding.
Due to the suit’s success and its unrivalled performance, Castelli don’t want to give away too many of the suit’s secrets. But there are several features that are evident when looking at the suit.
Slippery fabrics and a reduced seam construction aid the suit’s aerodynamics, as do the long legs with flat grip tape ends to keep them as close to your skin as possible. Thumb loops prevent the sleeves riding up.
A no-sew race number window on the back of the suit means you’re unburden from any pre-race safety pin fiascos. The window also stops any flapping of your race number, and Castelli have even made sure the window stretches and breathes for maximum comfort.
The Speed Suit has been developed through extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis, and wind tunnel testing at the Norwegian Technical University in Trondheim. This led to Castelli’s fabric selection and suit construction. But the suit has also been developed with input from riders racing on the WorldTour for that all-important insight that can only come from the reality of race day.
The fit of the Body Paint 4.X Speed Suit is the same tight fit that Castelli provide for Team Ineos, for an excellent fit for when you’re tucked in the TT position, and at 285g (size large) the suit is also exceptionally light.
- Worn by Team Ineos and now available to all riders
- Developed over two years based on hundreds of hours of Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis, wind tunnel testing, and race experience from the WorldTour
- Fabrics developed for maximum aerodynamics at speeds of 45kmph and up
- Exact same tight fit as provided for Team Ineos and Italian national team
- Reduced seams for maximum aerodynamics
- Sewn in race number window
- Extra-long legs with PU grip elastic on the inside
- KissAir 2 seat pad
- Thumb loops to stop sleeves riding up
- Temperature comfort range of 15˚ – 35˚C
- Weight 285g (Large)