Chris KingChris King Dropset 1 Integrated Headset
- Matte Slate
- Matte Jet
- Matte Turquoise
- SAFE & SECURE PAYMENTS
- PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED & TESTED
- NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE
The new Dropset 1 headset – Chris King's first ever integrated headset design.
The Dropset 1 integrated headset is built to be precise and dependable when you need it, and sets the standard for quality integrated headset function, delivering precision performance that is built on the same pedigree of Chris King headsets from the past 40 years.
After making the very best pressed-in headsets for over 40 years, Chris King is releasing the DropSet™ 1, the first Chris King integrated headset. The Dropset 1 project started from the ground up, beginning with testing to analyze the forces at play in an integrated vs a pressed-in headset design, and discovering the unique problems that needed to be addressed.
The most significant challenge to overcome was that integrated bearings are not pressed into a cup and sit loosely in the frame. When bearings are not pressed securely into a cup they shift and move, rapidly losing preload. As preload drops, the bearings are more susceptible to creaking, damage, and failure.
All Chris King bearings are designed specifically for use in bicycle components as they wear in with use, rather than wear out. They are built to last a lifetime, fully serviceable and backed by the ten-year built-to-last warranty.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- 10-year built-to-lastwarranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Patented GripLock® retention design for exclusively reliable headset adjustment
- 41mm 45x45 upper bearing
- 52mm 45x45 lower bearing
- Compatible with Chris King baseplate or integrated crown races
- Compatible with Santa Cruz, Yeti, Alchemy, All City and more.