- SAFE & SECURE PAYMENTS
- PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED & TESTED
- NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE
The design for the original crankbrothers pedal began out of frustration. The founders of crankbrothers, Carl and Frank, were tired of getting stuck in mud-covered pedals with no way in or out. They realised that existing pedals were too complicated….
It started with a simple question: what is the best way to attach a shoe to a crank? To answer this question, Carl and Frank created a system with only two moving parts hinging on a spring. This system became known as the eggbeater pedal, and later it was adapted into the candy pedal.
The candy 11 pedal is a clipless pedal with a small platform offering improved stability across a wide range of disciplines from all mountain / trail to cyclo-cross.
There is an ongoing debate amongst many riders about which is best, candy or eggbeater. The candy pedal provides an additional platform which is confidence inspiring and also gives some support or those moments when you’ve unclipped but are unsure if you need to get your foot down for a dab, jump off the bike or quickly get clipped in again and put the power down.
- Excellent mud-shedding: the design is very open.
- Ribbed body for extra traction when unclipped
- 4-sided entry: clip in on all 4 sides of the pedal, by pushing forward or pulling backwards on the pedal.
- Extremely lightweight: pedal design is very simple with only a few key parts.
- Increased float: 6° of side-to-side rotational play. The float of the pedal allows for the rider to shift positions on the bike, while keeping their feet clipped into the pedal. This allows for improved rider control and bike handling.
- Fit adjustment: crankbrothers premium cleats can be adjusted for either 15° or 20° release angle. Zero-float cleats can be purchased separately.
- Outer enduro cartridge bearing is designed specifically for pedals. Enduro use superior materials, grease and sealing on their bearings which are designed especially for use on a bike.
- Inner igus LL-glide bearing has been exclusively formulated for crankbrothers. It performs in even the most adverse conditions out on the trails.
- Double seal system combines a double lip internal seal and a new external seal to keep water and debris from entering the pedal.
- crankbrothers pedals are fully re-buildable for simple maintenance. There is a consistency in parts across all pedal models, which allows for ease of servicing, this is easily done using the pedal refresh kit (CRB-16051).
Weight (per pair)
6al / 4v titanium
6al / 4v titanium
300 series stainless steel
Igus LL-glide bearing
Enduro cartridge bearing
premium brass cleats included
15° or 20°